CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 31, 2012

2nd Humira Shot

Today was my 2nd Humira shot. This time I gave it in my thigh. I haven't figured out how long to let it "warm up" for, last time I let it sit out for about 30 minutes but it was straight out of the cooler from being shipped. It didn't burn that much then. This time it had been in the refrigerator and I read something that said to let it sit out for 10-20 minutes, so I gave it 20 minutes. It wasn't enough - it burned a lot and my leg has been sore all day. Had nausea right after the shot, again. I was told that it wasn't the Humira doing that, maybe it's just giving myself a shot.

Last night I had a seizure, first one I've had in a long time. It wasn't exactly typical in that it lasted about 10 minutes, a lot longer than usual. I've had ones like this, but not often. When they last that long, I have severe disparities in spatial- and self-awareness. Last night my brain was perceiving my body as very small while my head and hands were very large. It sounds crazy and feels even crazier. I got the usual nausea and weeping. Also had the usual burning and tingling on the right side of my face, head, and neck.

Am wondering why now? Is it the RA meds? Is it stress from school again? Is it lack of sleep? All of the above probably. I hope the RA meds aren't playing a role though. If it is and it causes seizures the way hormonal birth control does, I'm in for a lot more seizures :-/

My elbow was flaring really badly again last night. Still waiting to hear from rheumy what he thinks. I know he wants the Humira to kick in so we don't have to deal with it, but in the mean time I'm in some pretty crazy pain.

Waiting for Spring

0 comments:

Post a Comment