CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Humira Bites the Dust

Well, it's official! I have failed Humira. After 3 months of treatment, I have seen a small improvement in my inflammation markers and have felt a small increase in energy, but my disease activity remains high and my pain levels are still uncontrolled. Rheumy says if it was going to help me, it would have already.

So what's next? Rheumy had two options for me: Remicade and Enbrel. At first, I pushed for Remicade because I like the idea of being able to use loading doses to build it up in my system faster. He explained that this didn't necessarily mean it would be a more aggressive form of treatment, however, and that the two were comparable in his mind. As I'm currently driving 2 hours one way to see him, he wants me to try Enbrel first in hopes that I will be able to manage this more conveniently. So I'll do what he asks and pray that Enbrel is the one for me.

3 comments:

Anonymous

Na'ah - Humira has failed YOU - not the other way around!! I really hope the Enbrel does the trick for you!

Kryssie

Thank you, I hate the way it's documented as WE the patients failed the treatment, as if we could have done better!

Anonymous

I developed RA about 1 1/2 yrs. now and have been on Enbrel now just over 3 mos. and now have
a lot of pain in my right rib and headaches. I don't want to discourage but just sharing my experience with it. I was on Humira for a couple months but new insurance co. said I had to switch to Enbrel. So not sure whether to try Humira again or Simponi. I'm reading "The McDougall Program 12 days to dynamic health" book.I found it on youtube. He says this change in diet and lifestyle will help alot with RA.

Post a Comment