CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Traveling Hurts

This week Mark and I drove 4.5 hours south to visit the guest ranch where we'll be getting married next year. It was absolutely beautiful! We made some changes to our plans, but I think it's all going to work out. I fully expect my body will cooperate with me after a year of continuous treatment (*fingers crossed*).


The weather was beautiful!!
(All photos are personal and 
are not for use by any third party)


Entering the courtyard


They are expecting treats :-) We did end up giving them some apples.




Driving (well riding anyway) is difficult with RA. Two things are going on right now: stiffness and flare. For stiffness, I feel better if I move around and don't sit too long. For flares, I feel best (but not great) if I don't move the flaring joint at all. Of course, I'd rather have stiffness than flare pain, so I haven't been a bundle of energy the last few months. Even rotating my ankle while sitting down, just out of habit, is enough to push that joint to flare.

So, understandably, I was really nervous about the trip and all the walking and visiting we planned to do. Mark's parents met us at the ranch, as did my mom and my MOH. It wasn't the first time they've seen me since RA has taken over, but it's the worst they've seen me and I felt massively self-conscious. After walking around for a few minutes, my right knee flared (for the first time ever) and I had to stop. The only place we had to sit and rest was on a bench in a gazebo (I know it sounds AWFUL right? LOL).

Well the bench hurt, sitting hurt, my knee hurt, and I was the youngest person there!! I felt about a million years old. *sigh* I am just going to keep telling myself: One day at a time, I'm doing all I can, this will get better. That's my mantra and I'm sticking to it.

Waiting for Spring

1 comments:

Doctor Arthritis

You are brave for sharing these life stories - keep up the great work, you are helping people!

Post a Comment